5.20.2008

Interesting Title Goes Here.

This is just a shot I had to take of the drilling rig (for water) but just look behind it to the mountains.... how beautiful is that. It's certainly a better view than the flat fields of soybeans I grew up seeing.


This my little temporary office out on site... It's a 20 foot metal shipping container... it's got an air conditioner of course but not the most comfortable place to spend any time. See my stylish scarf there.... I have to wear it to keep the dust out of my eyes and ears....it's like talcum powder...

Something like eighty percent of all cars in Kabul are taxis.....it costs 20 Afghani to go local trips (like 40 cents for you all). They are the most erratic drivers, it's all "me first".... if there is 15 feet of space on a road they'd manage to squeeze three cars in that space. It's crazy....

1 comment:

ho hopft said...

post a pic of you wearing that scarf on your head.